The Public Stakeholder Advisory Committee represents key sectors of the community. Committee members have been appointed by Mayor Madeline Rogero and approved by City Council to provide feedback on the updated zoning ordinance.
The committee will provide feedback to ensure that the updated ordinance serves the diverse interests of the City. Members will serve as the liaison between the organization or group they represent.Learn More about the Committee Role
- Rick Blackburn—President, East Tennessee Community Design Center
- Dr. Martha Buchanan—Executive Director, Knox County Health Department
- Terrence Carter—Director of Economic & Business Development, Knoxville Area Urban League
- Dr. Caroline Cooley—President, Bike Walk Knoxville
- Mary English—Land Use & Environmental Director, League of Women Voters of Knoxville-Knox County
- Chris Folden—Representative, Home BUilders' Association of Greater Knoxville
- Duane Grieve—East Tennessee Community Design Center
- Brian Hann—Past President, Appalachian Mountain Bike Club
- Don Horton—Chair, U.S. Green Building Council, East TN Chapter
- Dave Irwin—Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Services, University of Tennessee
- Amy Midis—Neighborhood Advisory Council, Seat A (At Large)
- Amy Nolan—Vice President of Public Policy, Knoxville Chamber of Commerce
- Joy O'Shell—Outreach Director, Knoxville Entrepreneur Center
- Joe Petre—President, Conversion Properties, Inc.
- Patrick Phillips—City Mayor Appointee to the Knoxville-Knox County Planning Commission
- Jennifer Roche—Government Affairs Director, Knoxville Area Association of Realtors
- John Sanders—Member, The American Institute of Architects, East TN Chapter
- Jim Staley—Legislative Liaison, Certified Commercial Investment Member, East TN Chapter
- Matt Sterling—Mayor's Maker Council
- Stephanie Welch—President, Great Schools Partnership
- Brenna Wright—Owner, Abbey Fields Farm
Knoxville City Council confirmed the appointments on January 31, 2017. As an advisory body, the committee did not have a role in the approval of the updated zoning ordinance.
Committee meetings will be held as needed to maintain a strong and steady channel of communication between the committee, Knoxville-Knox County Planning, and the City of Knoxville.
All meetings are open to the public. They will be chaired and directed by the Executive Director of Knoxville-Knox County Planning. The committee is subject to the Open Meetings Act and communications among its appointed members about the ordinance update must occur only at the committee’s public meetings.
Nothing from October 22, 2020 to January 22, 2021.
Agendas and Minutes
- March 27, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
- May 17, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
- July 19, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes | Video
- September 20, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes | Presentation | Video
- November 15, 2017 - Agenda | Jeff Randolph Presentation | Minutes | Video
- March 21, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes | Video
- May 16, 2018 - Agenda | Video
- August 2, 2018 - Agenda | Major Revisions Included in Draft 2 | Map Update Guiding Principles | Policy Issues | Video | Zoning Map Draft 1 Presentation
- October 24, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes | Presentation | Video
- November 19, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes
- December 4, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes | Video
- January 3, 2019 - Agenda | Video