Project reports and other documents related to Recode Knoxville will be posted here.
Throughout the update process, we’ll be updating this page. Be sure to check back frequently.
MPC is working with the Urban League, SEEED and Centro Hispano to help gather input from traditionally underrepresented sectors of the city.
Part of that outreach is a Zoning 101 document, designed to explain how zoning affects residents and businesses. This document is available below in both English and Spanish.
Download the flyer below
Residential Districts Comparison Table
How do proposed residential districts compare to existing districts?
One of the three primary goals of Recode Knoxville is to protect things uniquely Knoxville. Our neighborhoods are key to the strength of our community, and we want to protect these areas in order to maintain that vitality.District Comparison Table (10/15/2018)
Ordinance Draft 4
The comment period for this draft is January 4, 2019.Download the Full Document (7.5MB)
- Table of Contents
- Article 1 Title
- Article 2 General Definitions & Measurement Methodologies
- Article 3 Zoning Districts And Zoning Map
- Article 4 Residential Neighborhood Districts
- Article 5 Commercial and Office Districts
- Article 6 Industrial Districts
- Article 7 Form-Based Code Districts
- Article 8 Special Purpose and Overlay Districts
- Article 9 Use Matrix
- Article 9 Uses
- Article 10 Site Development Standards
- Article 11 Off-Street Parking
- Article 12 Landscape
- Article 13 Signs
- Article 14 Code Administrators
- Article 15 Application Process
- Article 16 Zoning Applications
- Article 17 Nonconformities
- Article 18 Enforcement
Technical Review Report (revised 8/28/2017)
This report highlights key issues and revisions that are substantive changes to current regulations, and offers conceptual approaches to resolving specific issues.