Project reports and other documents related to Recode Knoxville will be posted here.
Throughout the update process, we’ll be updating this page. Be sure to check back frequently.
MPC is working with the Urban League, SEEED and Centro Hispano to help gather input from traditionally underrepresented sectors of the city.
Part of that outreach is a Zoning 101 document, designed to explain how zoning affects residents and businesses. This document is available below in both English and Spanish.
Download the flyer below
Ordinance Draft 1
This is the first full and complete version of the City’s new zoning ordinance.
- Table of Contents
- Article 1-Title, Purpose, And Applicability
- Article 2-Definitions and Measurements
- Article 3-Zoning Districts and Map
- Article 4-Residential Neighborhood Districts
- Article 5-Commercial Districts
- Article 6-Industrial Districts
- Article 7-Special Purpose Districts
- Article 8-Overlay Districts
- Article 9-Use Matrix
- Article 9-Uses
- Article 10-Site Development Standards
- Article 11-Off-Street Parking
- Article 12-Landscape
- Article 13-Code Administrators
- Article 14-Application Process
- Article 15-Zoning Applications
- Article 16-Nonconformities
- Article 17-Enforcement
Additional infoDistrict summaries
Technical Review Report (revised 8/28/2017)
This report highlights key issues and revisions that are substantive changes to current regulations, and offers conceptual approaches to resolving specific issues.