Committee members have been appointed by Mayor Madeline Rogero and approved by City Council to provide feedback on the proposed update to the zoning code.
The committee will meet on a regular basis throughout the process of update.
The committee will provide feedback to ensure that the updated ordinance serves the diverse interests of the City. Members will work to:
- identify key issues to be addressed in the ordinance update,
- review drafts of the ordinance to ensure identified issues are addressed, and
- serve as the liaison between the organization or group they represent during the update.
As an advisory body, the committee will not have a role in the approval of the updated zoning ordinance.
- Rick Blackburn—President, East Tennessee Community Design Center
- Martha Buchanan—Executive Director, Knox County Health Department
- Terrence Carter—Director of Economic & Business Development, Knoxville Area Urban League
- Caroline Cooley—President, Bike Walk Knoxville
- Mary English—Land Use & Environmental Director, League of Women Voters of Knoxville-Knox County
- Chris Folden, Representative, Home Builders’ Association of Greater Knoxville
- Duane Grieve—Vice Mayor’s Selection from City Council
- Brian Hann—Past President, Appalachian Mountain Bike Club
- Don Horton—Chair, U.S. Green Building Council, East TN Chapter
- Dave Irvin—Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Services, University of Tennessee
- Amy Midis—Neighborhood Advisory Council, Seat A (At Large)
- Amy Nolan—Vice President of Public Policy, Knoxville Chamber of Commerce
- Joe Petre—President, Conversion Properties, Inc.
- Patrick Phillips—City Mayor Appointee to the Metropolitan Planning Commission
- Jennifer Roche—Government Affairs Director, Knoxville Area Association of Realtors
- John Sanders—Member, The American Institute of Architects, East TN Chapter
- Jim Staley—Legislative Liaison, Certified Commercial Investment Member, East TN Chapter
- Matt Sterling—Knoxville Entrepreneur Center
- Stephanie Welch—Vice President, Great Schools Partnership
- Brenna Wright—Owner, Abbey Fields Farm
Knoxville City Council confirmed the appointments on January 31, 2017.
Committee meetings will be held as needed to maintain a strong and steady channel of communication between the committee and consultant, with the Executive Director of MPC serving as the intermediary between the committee and the consultant.
All meetings are open to members of the public to attend. They will be chaired and directed by the Executive Director of MPC. The committee is subject to the Open Meetings Act and communications among its appointed members about the ordinance update must occur only at the committee’s public meetings.
Nothing from May 23, 2018 to August 23, 2018.
Agendas and Minutes
- March 27, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
- May 17, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
- July 19, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes | Video
- September 20, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes | Presentation | Video
- November 15, 2017 - Agenda | Jeff Randolph Presentation | Minutes | Video
- March 21, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes | Video
- May 16, 2018 - Agenda